Friday, April 21, 2006

Christchurch in a Day

Yup. And that's about all the time I need here. It's nice, but just a big city and you really can see the highlights in a day. Left from Queenstown yesterday morning and took the bus for 9 hours up to Christchurch. Was a gorgeous ride. I did not sleep at all. Stayed awake with my mouth open and eyes bugged looking out the window the whole time, jammin' out to U2 on my MP3, singing "WIDE AWAAAAAAAAAAKKKE!" Okay, it really was beautiful, but that all also had a lot to do with the triple espresso that I had before I left.

I'm really gonna have to go back and edit these blogs cuz every time I find myself writing them I only have like 10 minutes to do so before I have to run off to my next activity. There's so much I want to say, to tell you, to describe.... to remember for myself! I will definitely be adding some info about my travels once I get back to Auckland.

Last night arrived in CC at about 5:30. Made my way to my dingey little backpacker's (hostel) and threw down my bags, powdered my nose (literally), smacked (?) on some eyeliner and headed out on the town. Went out and grabbed a local paper and some sushi and then went and ate in the Cathedral Square. I called Sarah who is also in town with her parents. They arrived a coupla days ago. Anyway, she and I met up and hung out with her parents a bit before they headed back to the hotel. Then Sarah and I went off walking around town and ended up at a little pub where we played three very very mean games of pool. After that we went to Bog, an Irish pub, where I danced my little butt off, learned how to dance like the Irish. It's great fun! A lot like boxing (the feet movement, sort of--well, a lot like skipping rope in a way). Had a blast!!!

This morning got up EARLY to go down and partake in the FREE cornflakes (ooo, aaaahhh) and head off for my full day in CC before I catch the plane to Sydney this evening. Have so far done one complete self-guided walking tour, visited the Canterbury Museum, walked through the Arts Center, putzed around the open air market, and talked myself out of buying fake Uggs (or however it's spelled). Now I'm off to climb the Cathedral Tower!!! More soon...

Love,
Sara

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home