Thursday, April 20, 2006

Awesome Foursome Challenge

Addendum to the Routeburn info:

Forgot to expound on my lack of observation to detail... So on the way up to the Routeburn trailhead, the bus stopped in Glenorchy. The driver had informed us in Queenstown that we would be staying on the SAME bus but getting off in Glenorchy for a 20-minute break to pick up some more people. Well, when I got back on the bus I had to sit in the very back (on the way to Glenorchy I was in the very first seat). I started to look around and think that we had changed buses. In fact, I became absolutely convinced that this was the case. Just before the bus took off, I made my way all the way up to the front to ask people who had been on the earlier bus with me if they had moved their packs. I was afraid that mine was stuck on another bus. They looked at me strangely and said that, no, this was the same bus. I had them assure me that this was so, and finally exclaimed to a bus full of people. "Don't mind me. I think I'm losing my mind." Yes, how smooth am I? So smooth. Yeah, okay. A little spacey.

Awesome Foursome (brief summary cuz I'm about to go sit in the spa that I have reserved for half an hour--one of the few luxuries this particular lodge offers):

So, today I completed the other three extreme feats that were left in my Awesome Foursome package. Yesterday, if you remember, I did the Nevis bungy. Today, I did the

Shotover River jetboating--
A jetboat flies around the Shotover river, careening around sharp turns in the canyon and doing 360 spins. It was so wild. I did not fall out. I had a great time!!!

Helicopter ride over Skipper's Canyon--
They let me sit in the very front. I loved it. I want to get my pilot's license.

Shotoever River rafting--
Rafted through class 3 to 5 rapids. Sat in the back with my very gorgeous Maori tour guide, "Chief." Again, I did not fall out. And I think I'm in love. Oh well, have to leave tomorrow. No time for romantic endeavors and I don't think Chief is planning on moving to California anytime soon.

Just got back a little while ago and grabbed some fish and chips. Mmmmm. Orange Roughy. So yummy.

Off to Christchurch in the morning!

Love,
Me

2 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must be having a wonderful. Take good notes, I may be going that way next year. It sounds too good to pass up! Barbara

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Sara said...

You better!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home