Friday, April 21, 2006

Cathedrals, Tattoos, and Backtracking

Okay, I actually have a few more minutes here cuz the Cathedral took less time than I thought. Don't mean to sound haughty but the cathedral was not all that fascinating. Doesn't compare much to those in Europe, particularly after having seen St. Mark's in Venice not too long ago. Plus, and maybe it's just me, but I don't like the feeling of being the STARED AT little tattooed girl. Guess it's better than having to wear the paper sheath that they made me put on in Italy. A good friend of mine has a t-shirt that says, "Jesus loves me and my tattoos." I need one of those.

I did climb the Bell Tower--134 stairs. A nice little workout. Now I'm getting ready to go get my fringe (bangs) cut b/c it is driving me mad. Don't want to get my hair cut until I can get back to see Lyric in Athens. I did manage to put a semi-permanent rinse in it not too long ago. The blonde roots were starting to show. I'm spacey enough as it is and don't need any "your blonde roots are showing" jokes to add to it...

Like I said, I still have some updates left from Queenstown. On Wednesday, before the jetboat/heli/rafting combo, I got up early and went for a run. Then, I took the Skyline Gondola up to the top of the Queenstown Hill (I think that's what it's called) and luged down it three times. There's this luge at the top and you can buy a pass to ride up to 5 times. There's a ski lift that takes you up and then you luge down. I sort of crashed on the first ride. This little girl became my friend and offered me her guiding services, so she basically showed me the ropes. Then my second two rides were smooth sailing...

I have so many new favorite hobbies: luge riding, Irish jigging, pool playing, bungy jumping....

That night after the water/heli adventures, I did partake in the spa, which is in a sort of wooden enclosure that you can rent out at the front desk of the Pinewood Lodge. I rented it for a half hour at 8 p.m., so I had a nice view of the stars (you can see out the top of the enclosure). It was incredibly relaxing. I really needed it. As we speak, I am so exhausted...slowly running out of steam and I'm sitting here wondering, "What's wrong with me? Why am I so low energy?" Then I stop to think about the fact that I've had absolutely no rest in a week, except for the bus ride yesterday which was not all that restful (probably due to the triple espresso).

Yeah, well... I'll sleep well on the plane today.

More later. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home