Saturday, February 18, 2006

Lonely day

Today is a lonely day for no particular reason. It just "woke up" that way. Have some work to get done, got to go grocery shopping as well. Will find things to fill up the time. Went to see River Queen yesterday. Was such a good movie! You've got to see it. It's about the Maori Wars during the mid 1800s, about this Irish woman who has a child with a Maori man, and then her child is taken from her when he is 6 by the Maori chief. Very engaging and emotionally involved movie. I highly recommend it. Kiefer Sutherland is in it, too. Then I went and bought a Time and a Newsweek! Yes. News... I'm so out of it--although Friday I found a BBC station on the radio that I can listen to while I'm going to and from work. That will satisfy my NPR withdrawal.

Went out with Aidan and Bridgette last night to a friend's "barbie." Had sizzlers and chicken skewers. Man, I am eating my way through this country. There was a dog there named Jack--a little Staffordshire Bull Terrier puppy. Oh, he was sooo cute, only 4 months old. Little wrinkle face. Made me miss my big baby monster!!!!! Then, we went dancing for a bit, came home, and then we stayed up talking til pretty late, so I am tired and groggy today. Maybe I am mistaking fatigue for loneliness... Who knows...Anyway, keep the emails coming, PLEASE. Sorry if I don't get back to you all right away. I do read them all and enjoy hearing from all of you.

Love,
Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home