Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Settled, at last.

I have finally gotten my schedule together and it is busy busy busy, as usual--hence, less blog time. However, with a gentle hint from my sister I've decided to try to update it at least 2 times a week.

The trainer at my boxing gym has added an extra practice for us more "serious folk," so I will be going to practice again tonight. Apparently, I am a "damn good fighter." Well, okay--a little ego stroking and next thing you know I'm training like I think I'm Rocky or something. On Tuesday night, I ventured a drive into the City (downtown Auckland) and found, amazingly, this tiny little Shambhala Center I'd been looking for. It's a Buddhist meditation center based on the teachings of Chogyam Rinpoche. Was good meditation--an hour and a half--and then a little dharma talk. The cushions are actually quite nice, much nicer than the Athens Zen Center, I must say. Anyway, they are also reading his latest book, The Sacred Path of the Warrior, which I had picked up right before I left and almost bought, except talked myself out of it just before reaching the register (learning not to give in to the impulse buying...). Hmmm... guess I'm meant to buy that one, though, huh?

The Center is in a very cute part of town called Parnell--lots of nice looking restaurants and cafes, and a place to buy New Zealand wool. Think I will go early next week and have a look around.

The party bus last weekend was entertaining, although after 3 Red Bulls I'd had enough and was ready to go home, so we went and danced off our energy drinks for about an hour before catching a taxi back. This weekend I make a day trip on the ferry to Waikehe Island with Sarah, but I'm actually thinking about just taking it easy. There are also some motorcycle races in town, according to the radio today, so I'm going to investigate that a bit as well.

Will give an update on the kiddies this weekend. Will try to catch some ZZZZZZs quickly before I go to boxing tonight.

Love,
Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home