Thursday, February 02, 2006

Away for the weekend

Going to Rotorua this weekend, so I'll be out of touch until Monday (well, I guess that's Sunday over there). Bought a car today!!! A '94 Ford Laser for about $900 US--really great deal. Probably will put another $100 into it for a new battery, but wanted to try to keep the total under $1000, so it's all good. Runs well, but it's a manual so I will have to learn how to do "mirror image" shifting. Went for a drive tonight with my flatmates and pulled out onto the wrong side of the road... Fortunately there were no cars heading my way! Anyway, don't worry--I'm not driving this weekend. Going with Sarah, the au pair, who I met on the plane. She is taking her "family car," which is an automatic transmission at least.

Talked to my dad today. So nice to be on the other side of the world and, still, comforting voices are just a phone call away. Was nice... we live vicariously through one another's travel adventures, I think!

Love,
Me

2 Comments:

At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be careful with driving over there, you are a brave one for driving on the opposite side! Its fun reading about your experience in New Zealand... at least you know one person is reading it. hope you are enjoying yourself- Marcus West

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Awesome, Marcus!!! Ha! Good to hear from you... Hope your student teaching is going well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home