Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Day in the city...

Went for a trip downtown today. Took the ferry from Half Moon Bay and ended up at the Ferry Building in Auckland. Then I explored Queen St., the main drag. Stopped by a few hostels to see if I could find any good deals on cars...After the bus ride home today (1 hour and 15 min!), I have no doubt left about buying a vehicle. Anyway, went ahead and stopped by STA Travel and booked my spring break trip. Will fly from Auckland to Queenstown in the South Island (where they filmed Lord of the Rings and Narnia), spend a week in the South Island, making my way back up to Christchurch where I will then fly to Sydney, Australia, for a week. Yes, I'm going to Australia. Good thing I have 2 weeks for spring break.... Actually got a pretty good deal on the whole itinerary. The first place wanted $900 NZ (and they are supposed to be discount travel!) and then I went to STA and the total amnt was $700NZ (a little less than 500 US--not bad). I will be staying (hopefully, Jeannette?) with a friend in Sydney--or maybe at least with friends of friends.

Will go into school tomorrow. Called yesterday and my contact person was not back at the school, yet, but she called today and so I will go in tomorrow to meet everyone and get acquainted before I officially start next Tuesday (Monday is yet another holiday!). Think this girl I met on the plane, Sarah, who is from San Diego, CA, and I will take a weekend trip to Rotorua. She is an au pair and her host family has a cabin there that we may be able to use... We'll see. It's about a 3 hour drive from here.

Hm. I like it here. But miss you all, of course!

Love,
Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home