Monday, May 15, 2006

My Kids

My kids don't think twice about telling you what's on their mind. My kids throw things. They wear me out. They pick fights with each other. My kids are easily offended. My kids are loud. My kids are BIG. My kids and I have a lot of long lunchtime talks about being honest and kind, having integrity and doing the right thing. Lunch time is not often a time for me to "decompress." Some days I feel like I'm going to pass out, scream, cry, or punch something. But I don't because I have 35 human beings in one classroom who depend on me to keep it together.

My kids are gregarious and hilarious. My kids make me work so hard that I feel like I'm really alive. My kids really do care about each other. They know about community, even though they're at the age where they challenge everything they know. My kids respect me because I respect them, because I take the time to win them over one by one. And it's hard work. It takes a long time to build a relationship. We take risks. We offend each other. Sometimes I don't back down. Sometimes they don't. My kids are worth every anxiety-ridden, panic-stricken, threshold breaking moment.

2 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

 
At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home